*** Updated July 22, 2021 ***
We are still looking for 4th grade girls for volleyball. Please contact email@example.com
CLICK HERE TO VIEW: MISSING SOCCER, VOLLEYBALL & BASKETBALL UNIFORM LIST
Your module is not being displayed because it is configured with an incompatible Module Style.
In the settings panel, change the Module Style setting to Host: Classic - 5_Registration_Banner_Only
Host: Classic - 5_Registration_Banner_Only
Team formation can be a sensitive subject, as some players and parents want to play on a specific team or with a specific coach. Parents cannot choose their team. We try to accommodate requests where possible, but we have established Team Formation Guidelines for coordinators to use in forming teams. When registering for an Ascension team you can request to play on a certain team or with a certain player, but we cannot guarantee we can accommodate all requests.
It is the Program Director/Grade Coordinator’s responsibility to form the teams at a given grade level… not a coach of a team at that level. Please do not ask the coaches if your child can play on their team.
Below are some of the considerations for team formation.
The team the player was on the previous year.
The school the player attends.
The number of players assigned to each team at the grade level. We try to keep the number of players on a team consistent across the teams when possible.
Ascension does not conduct try-outs or allow coaches to hand-pick their teams.
CYC playoffs in grades 5-8, has moved to a Large School/Small School format. Much like the set-up with high schools in Missouri, CYC teams would be divided according to the number of teams in the parish program for each sport; soccer, volleyball and basketball, grades 5-8. The parishes would be listed by registrations numbers, with the top 20% designated as Large School, and the remaining 80% as Small School. This would apply only to the Archdiocesan playoffs. Each district would continue to set-up their leagues as they do now. One big advantage to this system is it allows more small programs to participate in the CYC Archdiocesan playoffs. Over the last several years, the majority of our Archdiocesan winners have come from the larger parishes.
NOTE: Soccer and volleyball leagues do run concurrently. CYC will ensure there are no conflicts with the initial schedules.
All participants must obtain a CYC ID card. It is ideal to get one for each sport played in the same season (volleyball, baseball, and soccer). You can securely apply for a CYC ID Card online at www.cycstl.net.
All players are normally placed on the team from the previous year. All new participants will be placed randomly on teams based on team numbers. The goal is to balance the player count per team across multiple teams at that gender/age level. When possible, we use the comment section of the registration form to place individuals on teams in which they might have a friend they want to play with. Please know we will do our best but this is not a guarantee and a great opportunity for your kids to make new friends.
Teams in Grades 5-8 may participate in the post-season West County CYC District playoffs and the CYC Archdiocesan Tournament. Eligibility depends on both division designation and standing within the division.
Regular registration opens in May and will end June 30th. Late fees apply after June 30th, and placement on a team is not guaranteed. It is important to register on time to ensure your child will be placed on a team.
CYC League (Grades 3-8): $105 per player.
A $25 Sibling Discount will be given on all registrations after the first family member. This discount will be taken when you checkout, if it applies.
* A late registration fee of $50 applies from the Registration End Date until the program can no longer accept players for that gender and age level.**
NOTE: There are many reasons why "the program can no longer accept players for that gender and age level", for example:
All parents are encouraged to volunteer in a Sports Program as a Head Coach, Assistant Coach, Team Manager, practice/game helper, or party organizer. If your team already has a Head Coach, please ask him/her what you can do to help the team. Or contact the appropriate Coordinator for details on how to help. Parent Participation allows us to continue to provide sports programs!
Each volunteer must fulfill their Archdiocese obligation by being compliant with the guidelines listed below. Non-compliance means we cannot accept volunteers that we greatly appreciate and need to make our Ascension programs successful.